Codedad.net hosting services
So here is Codedad.net. My first cloud hosting project.
This is what I'm calling it. I won't have a portal to let random people signup and try it out. That creates over subscription issues and ultimately slower pages. Primary advantages of my approach
- Fully managed by myself (or someone I personally know)
- Monitored 24/7
- I receive email and text alerts if any odd the servers have issues
- Email services are hosted separately from the web sites.
- Servers are backed up regularly, in case of a catastrophic failure I can have another server online within a few minutes.
- Website content is backed up separately from the server content to make server restoration faster.
My target audience are small business owners or entrepreneurs that aren't in the web field of expertise.
If you want need full access to the servers to manage your setup, I'm not the place for you.
If you want an online presence and you're happy with managing your website through a blogging platform such as Ghost (what I'm using here) or WordPress then I can possibly help you out.
- Email @yourdomain.com/net/etc...
- Support forwarding to your real email somewhere else
- Server side email storage is available too
- Currently no established limit on number of addresses
- Spamassasin spam filter.
- Antivirus scanning of inbound messages
- Web space @ www.yourdomain.com
- Server Side Languages supported
- .Net (via MONO)
- older cgi-bin style applications
Not in scope for my service
- Email list subscription management
- Support for automatic subscribe and unsubscribe to mailing lists you setup.
- Send an email to email@example.com and the message is sent to subscribers.
- Web Interface for subscribers and list owners
- FTP to site
- Site specific analytics
- Webmail Interface
- Squirrel Mail